STUDENTS MUST BRING THEIR OWN MAT
Wear shorts or footless tights. Clothes that allow for ease in movement but are not baggy are ideal. It is particularly important that the teacher can see the alignment of the knees, ankles, elbows and spine.
Come to class with an empty stomach.
The studio opens ten minutes before class begins.
Students arriving ten minutes after a class begins cannot be admitted.
Please let your teacher know if you have any injuries or special conditions before the class. Women who are on their menstrual cycle should also inform the teacher before class, so that the sequence can be modified for safe practice.
All students must agree to the terms and conditions listed below.
The basis of the Iyengar Yoga method is taught in standing poses, shoulder stand, and other fundamental postures. We recommend that students unfamiliar with Iyengar Yoga take this class before continuing to the higher levels.
Basic postures are refined and Salamba Sarvangasana (shoulder stand), Sirsasana (headstand), full arm balance, backbends, and twists are introduced.
For students with substantial Iyengar Yoga training who are strong in standing postures, able to do Sirsasana with confidence for five minutes and can push up into Urdhva Dhanurasana. Sirsasana variations, intermediate postures, and seated Pranayama are taught. Independent practice should be well established.
Private tuition is an excellent option for those who wish to [earn yoga but are restricted by their schedules or physical considerations. It is also beneficial to those who attend regular classes, but wish to spend intensive time looking at a particular issue, limitation or pose. Available by appointment.
I confirm that in partaking in the classes offered by Iyoga Project I agree with the following terms and conditions and undertakings applying to the Yoga Exercise and training (“Yoga Exercises”) to be provided to me by Iyoga Project.
1. The tuition paid by me under this enrollment to Iyoga Project is non-refundable. Iyoga Project may in its sole discretion grant refunds to me without prejudicing any of its rights.
2. I agree to be charged the full fee paid on booking if I cancel less than 8 HOURS before a group class or 24 HOURS before a private yoga tuition appointment.
3. I understand and acknowledge that no refunds or credits will be provided for any classes unused by the expiry date. Class passes are not transferable and CANNOT be extended except due to injury or illness, in which case a medical certificate will be requested. Classes cancelled or rescheduled outside the cancellation period (8 hours group class, 24 hours private tuition) will not be entitled to a refund.
4. I will faithfully follow all instructions given to me by Iyoga Project teachers as to when, where, and how to perform the Yoga Exercises.
5. I agree and acknowledge that participation in any Yoga Exercises could constitute a risk of serious injury to myself, including permanent paralysis or death. I voluntarily and knowingly recognize, accept and assume this risk and warrant that I am physically fit and able to perform the Yoga Exercises without risking serious injury. I acknowledge that neither Iyoga Project, its owners, teachers or employees shall be, nor be deemed to be, responsible or liable (whether in contract or in tort or under any statute whatsoever), for any injury, illness or other mishap I sustain arising from or out of, or in any way directly or indirectly connected with the Yoga Exercises.
6. I understand and acknowledge that I am to receive instruction in Yoga Exercises and theory only. The Iyoga Project, its owners, teachers or employees of are not liable for, nor expected to provide any advice, training or medical assistance other than instruction in the form of Yoga Exercises.
7. I indemnify and will at all times hereafter well and sufficiently indemnify and keep fully indemnified Iyoga Project , its owners, teachers or employees from and against all actions, suits, causes of action, proceedings, claims, costs and expenses whatsoever which may be taken or made against Iyoga Project, its owners, teachers or employees or incurred or become payable by Iyoga Project, its owners, teachers or employees in connection with or arising out of any such injury, illness or mishap to me.